About the Tarot Card Meaning
Every spiritual lesson we meet in our lives can be found in the seventy-eight Tarot cards. And when we consult the Tarot, we’ll get shown the exact lessons we need to learn and master to live an inspired life. It’s like holding up a mirror to yourself so that you can access your subconscious mind and tap into the wisdom (and answers) that lives in us all
The Origin Tarot Card
The origin of tarot is still vague, but records of its symbolism have been found as far back as Ancient Egypt and China. Its existence is also linked to the emergence and popularization of magical practices around the Middle Ages. And although the craft of witches and healers had many years of persecution, even today the tarot is alive and evolving. With our books on tarot, you will be able to continue your research on the subject.
Relevance of Tarot Card
Today, it is considered a psycho-spiritual tool that seeks to help people find answers and/or solutions to crucial problems and difficulties in their lives. The role of the tarot reader is to guide them along the best path, according to the revelations obtained from the deck of cards. In this sense, the tarot sheds light on unresolved internal or external aspects of the querent.
MAJOR ARCANA CARD
1 ) THE FOOL CARD
A new phase of life begins, a risk must be taken, a need to abandon the old and start something new.New experiences, personal growth, development. The discovery of talents.
2) THE MAGICIAN CARD
A person or possibilities. New skills are available,potential is growing, opportunities
adventures unfolding. Success in everything by utilizing the skills, tools and resources that are available.
3)THE EMPRESS CARD
The Mother of fertility and growth.New things about to enter a situation,there may be a birth coming or a new path in life.Marriage / Relationship / Pregnancy / Patience /
4)THE EMPEROR CARD
A need to make something solid, to solidify an idea, to build something with a firm structure.Authority / Control / Dominance. Man of power, an employer or a domineering male.
5) THE HIGH PRIESTESS CARD
A time for reflection, allowing secrets to be revealed, showing potential abundance
as yet unfulfilled. Pay attention to your dreams and intuition. Where the magician is all about
possibilities, the High Priestess is all about truly understanding those possibilities.
6) THE HIEROPHANT CARD
Need for spiritual purpose, the search for a personal philosophy. Increased studying and
learning. Humility/Teaching/Getting through deeply frightening and difficult situations.
This card can sometimes suggest marriage or a serious turn towards religion.
7) THE LOVERS CARD
A love affair with a trial or choice attached.This card indicates that these decisions or choices
are incredibly important and significant so it is essential that you choose the right path. True
partnership. The card is all about choices, intuitively rather than by the use of intellect.
8) THE CHARIOT CARD
Conflict within / Struggles and battles / Potential for victory / Resolution of quarrels / Moving forward / Overcoming opposition through confidence /Control and Determination / Trip.
9) THE JUSTICE CARD
Need for clarity of mind, impartial judgement and a balanced intellect. Legal matters needing
attention (marriage license, divorce decree, financial arrangement). The fairest decision
will be made. You are being called to account for your actions and will be judged accordingly.
Harmony within relationships.Happy marriage or partnership.Adaptation, coordination and tempering external influences.Balance / Patience / Moderation.
11) STRENGTH CARD
Facing the things or the truth in a situation that you have been putting off for too long. Overcoming your fears.Courage / Inner Will / Optimism.
12)THE HERMIT CARD
A time for withdrawal, silent meditation and solitude. Patience is needed to confront one’s
inner world. Could be someone who likes to or needs to work alone.
13)THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE CARD
Change in fortune, new beginnings, a new chapter in life starting. The Wheel makes a new turn. Remain optimistic and have faith in the Universe that it will take care of the situation.
14)THE HANGED MAN CARD
Sacrifice must be made to gain something of greater value. It is all about waiting, in order
to allow new possibilities to arise. Vulnerability / Selflessness / New Perspectives. A willingness
to adapt to changed circumstances is the main theme of this card.
15) DEATH CARD
The most misunderstood card in the deck.The end of something which has been lived
out, transformation, new beginnings to follow.Death indicates a time of significant change
16) THE DEVIL CARD
A confrontation with the inner world. Facing fears and inhibitions can foster growth. The Devil reflects actual addictions and dependencies in your life, such as alcoholism, drug-taking, unhealthy relationships, overspending., etc. Breaking of habits and ceasing to dance to the devil’s tune.
17)THE TOWER CARD
Breaking down existing forms, changing false structures and finding true values. Change around
the home or emotionally challenging periods – a time of great upheaval. It symbolizes conflict and
overall disruption of life, but for the greater good.It’s about facing things you have been reluctant
18) THE STAR CARD
to deal with. It could lead to good or bad things, but this action needs to done. Fluctuation, uncertainty, confusion.
19)THE MOON CARD
Time of passivity rather than action.The Moon is a card of psychic forces, so let go of your conscious mental blocks and allow your intuition to guide you.Optimism, time of passive action, energy
20)THE SUN CARD
in abundance, a time of clear vision.It is about embracing your destiny and giving it everything you have got. Happiness / Success / Good health. This card relates to achievement, at work or through studies. Travel to a warm or tropical climate.Time for reaping rewards for past actions,
and reaching conclusions. You have reviewed and evaluated your past experiences and have learned from them. “Rebirth” or renewal of the self, changes to the better: getting well after a
long sickness, or finding a new career or spiritual path. Success, achievement, attainment,
22)THE WORLD CARD
the realization of a goal or the completion of a cycle. This card can indicate world travel. Feeling of being welcome anywhere you go.
THE MINOR ARCANA
What the suit cards represent:
CUPS – Feelings and Emotions
WANDS – Imagination and Creativity and work issues
SWORDS – Stresses and Worries of Everyday Life
PENTACLE – Body and Material Needs and Finances
- ACE OF CUPS Upsurge of feelings and emotion,new relationships. Love affair,
the birth of a child
- TWO OF CUPS Commitment to romance, partnership or friendship (early days, “blind love”).
- THREE OF CUPS Celebration. A stage for rejoicing.The commitment to a future has been made.
- FOUR OF CUPS Self-absorbed. Content with things as they are.Unwilling to be moved from this portion.
- FIVE OF CUPS Regret over past actions, loss or betrayal in love. Separation, but all is not lost.
- SIX OF CUPS Past effort may bring present rewards or an old lover may reappear. Sentimental time
- SEVEN OF CUPS A choice to be made with many options open.Careful decisions must be made. Act.There is a risk of illusion. You need to avoid escapism protect yourself against unclear thinking.Leaving past behind. Letting go,
- EIGHT OF CUPS no matter how much energy has been put into something. Walk away.Follow your dream card.A wish of paramount importance will come true.
- NINE OF CUPS Great emotional joy.Happiness and contentment, with a sense
- TEN OF CUPS of permanence and future purpose.It often suggests starting a family.The sense of harmony.Birth of new feelings, fragile new beginnings
- PAGE OF CUPS in the world of emotion. “New Phase”-birth of a child, new relationship, engagement.Show your feelings; listen to your inner voice.Take a fresh perspective on a difficult issue and approach that situation with benefit of the doubt and love.Spirit of romance. A gentle, caring lover
- KNIGHT OF CUPS and friend. Sensitive and affectionate. Thoughtful.Chivalrous. Creative and artistic.The Knight of Cups may suggest a proposal is coming.A person who possesses a strong perceptive nature
- QUEEN OF CUPS and deep desire to learn about the inner world.Mature Female. Follow your heart.Peace and Harmony. Go with the flow.Meeting with caring, concerned, nurturing
- KING OF CUPS person or it may be that you have to develop some of the maternal, protective qualities within yourself. Emotional balance.
- ACE OF WANDS An upsurge of creative energy, drive and energy.Great potential for success
- TWO OF WANDS Intuitive choice. Two possibilities, equally good.Firm plans must be formulated
- THREE OF WANDS A stage of initial completion of a creative project.New ideas forming. New forces of energy being generated.
- FOUR OF WANDS A time to pause for celebration after hard efforts (holiday, period of rest and relaxation).“The Marriage Card”.
- FIVE OF WANDS A time of struggle, petty obstacles constantly appear and cause difficulties. Open conflict. Certain issues cause a lot of tension and confusion.
- SIX OF WANDS Public acclaim, promotion, recognition for work and effort (winning a scholarship, gaining a qualification, getting a lead role, publishing a book or success in any other chosen field).
- SEVEN OF WANDS The stage after the public recognition.Stiff competition must now be faced.
Hold you ground. Renewed determination and courage are necessary.
- EIGHT OF WANDS A period of fruitful progress after a delay or struggle. Everything is on your side.
- NINE OF WANDS Strength in reserve can provide enough energy to win the battle, although resources seem exhausted. Push hard.
- TEN OF WANDS There is danger implied in taking on more than one can cope with. Inadequate awareness of our limitations.
- PAGE OF WANDS The bearer of good news, a desire or stirring of creative growth. Free spirit. Follow creative urges, be spontaneous. “New Phase” in which your creative world must be developed.
- KNIGHT OF WANDS Spirit of Adventure, move of home or country. Exciting and unreliable young man. Time to develop exuberant and adventurous qualities. Passionate, spontaneous.
- QUEEN OF WANDS The person embodying creative, imaginative and intuitive powers or through development of these qualities within yourself. Strong Leader. Exercise, be active. Social Network.
The Queen of Wands’ characteristics often lead to the performing arts.
- KING OF WANDS Meeting a fiery, impulsive, enthusiastic person or it may mean that you yourself will have to develop some of the optimism and exuberance he possesses. Creative power. He enjoys starting new projects, but does not always finish up.
- ACE OF SWORDS Inevitable and irrevocable change. Awakening of mental powers which may cause conflict at first but are ultimately conducive to growth and development.
- TWO OF SWORDS Stalemate; nothing can move or change,a situation of great tension, deep hostility,yet nobody mentions it. An impasse has been reached.
- THREE OF SWORDS Quarrels and conflict, a period of stormy weather for relationships. The card implies that something sad or painful must be allowed to work itself out. Heartbreak.
- FOUR OF SWORDS A need for rest or retreat after stress, a time for convalescence after tension.
- FIVE OF SWORDS Pride must be swallowed, limitations accepted, before further progress can be made. We have to work within the framework of that situation.
- SIX OF SWORDS A card of harmony. A period of calm after great anxiety, release of tension, a peaceful journey towards smoother waters (sometimes physical move away from unpleasant surroundings).
- SEVEN OF SWORDS A need for evasion and avoidance of direct confrontation in order to achieve objective.Use brain, tact, diplomacy, rather than brawn and aggression
- EIGHT OF SWORDS A fear of moving out of a situation of bondage, paralysis. (Indicates a situation of tension similar to Two of Swords. In this case,however, the choices are perfectly conscious).
- NINE OF SWORDS A time in which the mind is tormented by fears of impending doom. Nightmares and fantasies trouble the mind, even though the facts do not match the fears.
- TEN OF SWORDS The end of a painful situation or state.There emerges an ability to see a situation realistically. Once something is ended,the way is cleared for a fresh start.Clear break.
- PAGE OF SWORDS “New Phase”, mentally active period.Go for it. Beginnings of intellectual
development; gossip or idle talk may cause disruption.
- KNIGHT OF SWORDS Time of communication and mental development, new idea or vision.Mind-expanding, progressive period.Great ambition, determination and strength to succeed no matter what.
- QUEEN OF SWORDS The sternness of a mature intellect which is devoid of emotion. Difficult decisions.Keep clear head, be independent in thought and judgement. Use facts and logic.Face up to the truth.Don’t let yourself be fooled.
- KING OF SWORDS Meeting an intelligent and charming,high principled person. Symbol of intellectual power and authority. Professional advisor.Develop logic and reasoning powers.
- ACE OF PENTACLES Material achievement is possible, financial aid may be available for the beginning of new enterprise.
- TWO OF PENTACLES Change and fluctuation in financial matters, but harmony within the change. An optimism and enthusiasm which balances out anxieties about financial affairs. Finances, luck.
- THREE OF PENTACLES A satisfactory time. Initial completion of work,a basic structure is built which still requires the finishing touches.
- FOUR OF PENTACLES There is danger in clinging too tightly to what one has earned. Nothing is lost, but nothing can be gained. Miserliness (usually money) can be extended to the realm of feelings.
- FIVE OF PENTACLES Financial loss and hardship. Loss of luck / health.Loss on a deeper level; of esteem,of faith in oneself / life.
- SIX OF PENTACLES Help from a generous friend or employer,a situation in which there is money
or good fortune to be shared.
- SEVEN OF PENTACLES A difficult decision must be made,between material security and uncertain new opportunities. This is a card about patience and letting things ripen.
- EIGHT OF PENTACLES The apprentice, training or starting out a new in another profession.
- NINE OF PENTACLES A card of great satisfaction and pleasure,reward for effort, material benefits.
- TEN OF PENTACLES Financial stability and foundation for home and family.
- PAGE OF PENTACLES Beginning awareness of the value of material sense; slow development. Consider further study. Start saving money for future.Apply careful planning in order to manifest
your dreams and achieve your goals.You need to remain focused on the practical and tangible elements.
- KNIGHT OF PENTACLES Spirit of determination and earthy practicality is due to enter your life. A person of integrity. Someone who can be counted on.
- QUEEN OF PENTACLES Represents prosperity and security.Meeting with an affectionate, generous,sensuous person. Mother figure. Finances are definitely improving, business success.Take a sensible approach, be resourceful
and practical. Maintain “down to earth”attitude. Create balance
- KING OF PENTACLES Meeting wealthy, ambitious, materially-oriented person or you may need to develop some drive for material gain within.